Your Complete Guide To Spring Cleaning
Ah, spring! The season when all nature is reborn and starts to bloom uncontrollably! Birds are chirping nonstop, colorful flowers are sticking their heads out of the ground, saying hello, and our homes… well, our homes might need to hit the refresh button. And what better way to kick out the winter blues in our homes than by doing a little spring cleaning? If you never know where to start and you do not have a clear spring cleaning plan, it’s about thing to change things. Here is a complete guide to proper spring cleaning that should help you freshen up your place and get ready for the most lively time of the year.
Do A Cleaning Checklist For Each Room
Your bedrooms, living room, attic, bathroom, and kitchen all need do go through some thorough cleaning when spring arrives. Some areas of the house require more attention than others. A checklist should help you skip unnecessary cleaning – for example, of areas that you have recently cleaned – and solely concentrate on those areas you’ve been knowingly ignoring during wintertime.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist:
- toss the trash into the bin;
- place all the dirty clothing inside the hamper;
- dust down the ceiling and all wall corners, as well as your wall art.
- dust the exterior of the fans and vents using a soft cleanser and a clean cloth. Now is the time to take down those dusty light fixtures and give them a good wash. Do the same with your curtains and blinds, but make sure to follow all cleaning directions.
- your fixtures also need a good scrub, and the same goes for your shower doors. You can use an eco-friendly, homemade cleaner for soap buildup, or rely on commercial cleaners. However, stay away from vinegar and lemons for your tile grout. You will risk damaging them because of the acid. If your bathroom tile hasn’t met with a professional scrubbing hand in a while, it might be time to get in touch with some expert cleaners. If you live in the NY area, you can get in touch with the guys at NYC Steam Cleaning. They provide the entire array of carpet, floor, tile and grout cleaning services. They rely on modern-day, eco-friendly cleaning supplies and procedures that are not harmful for children, pets, plants, or the environment.
- Launder the bathroom rugs, use newspapers to clean and dry your mirrors and keep streaks at a minimum, and do not forget to give your toilet a good scrub, including the handle and the crevices.
Living Areas Checklist:
- Take similar steps to the ones described earlier: get rid of the clutter and hanging clothes.
- Get rid of the dust from the ceilings and the stubborn corners of the walls. You may need to wash some of the dirties spots of your walls. Focus on greasy doorknobs, dirty doors and switch plates as well.
- Clean all framed art and photographies on the walls; avoid using spray cleaners and water directly on the frames or you could risk damaging the pictures. Use wet cloths and lightly wipe all frames and glass.
- Vacuum and carefully clean all window corners and windowsills; rinse off the windows screens.
- Thoroughly clean and dust the couches and chairs in the living room areas. Use the attachment of your vacuum cleaner to clean the crevices of the couches. If you need an extra hand to make your couch and furniture look lively again, talk to some expert steam cleaners. Your upholstery may need some more advanced cleaning than the one you can provide it with.
- Services like NYC Steam Cleaning specialize in the entire array of upholstery steam cleaning services. Upholstery cleaning can not only leave your furniture looking brand new again, but it can also improve the quality of the air in the house and eliminate dust, mold, and mites. If you suffer from any kind of allergies, spring is the thriving time of the year to have them manifest. Why not make things easier on your this time around by getting rid of all types of allergens that could be harmful to you and your young children?
- Your couches or chairs may not be showing visible signs of staining; but this does not mean the bacteria is not present, deeply embedded in the upholstery.
- While you can also use an upholstery attachment on a carpet shampoo machine, professional upholstery cleaners will rely on the unparalleled power of steam cleaning and their advanced technique and skills to leave your furniture shining bring, looking and smelling fresh.
- Have experts clean your carpets with eco-friendly steam technology as well. You will thank yourself once you will see the final results.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist:
- Start with a brief cleanup by gathering all of your supplies together and filling up a sink of hot, soap water. Soak all dirty dishes into the sink and clear out all floor and countertop trash.
- Put away all items that do not belong into the kitchen. Do the dishes and sweep or vacuum the floors. Take out the trash.
- Move on to dusting the ceiling and the corners of the kitchen walls.
- Use oven cleaner on your oven and thoroughly clean and sort through the refrigerator.
- Clean all kitchen appliances and take the knobs and burners off of the stove and give them a good scrub.
- Clean the cabinets, line them up and get rid of any lids and bowls that might not be matching. Wash all countertops and sweep and mop the floors.
- Kitchen tile and grout that have not been professionally cleaned in ages should also be handled by professional cleaners at least one a year, in the spring.
- Get in touch with the guys at NYC Steam Cleaning and have them tell you exactly what they can do for you. They offer free estimates and emergency services as well, so they are worth looking into when you are feeling overwhelmed.